Soft spots in the fiberglass body of a boat can become a serious problem if not taken care of right way. A soft spot in fiberglass can be caused by poor initial application or because of overexposure to sunlight.
Best Answer: Soft spots on the floor cost about $8.50 a square foot to repair correctly You'll probably need to repair about 1-2 Sq.Ft. for each spot so $15.00 - $50.00 depending on how bad it is under the carpet OR depending on the location
Stingers and Floor. The most obvious signs that your boat is in need of a new floor is that when walking around you feel soft spots. When we repair a floor we pull up the carpet and then pull up the bad wood and fiberglass.
Hello to all, I have a 18' bowrider, and in 2 or 3 spots the floor feels spongy, like it might be rotting out. I talked to some people and they suggested drilling small holes in the soft area and injecting it with a fiberglass resin.
How to Repair Soft Spots in Fiberglass On A Boat Use a palm sander to sand the weak spot below the level of the sound fiberglass surrounding the weakened area . Since the fiberglass has already thinned or cracked, you may sand all the way through the fiberglass in spots.
If you can get underneath the floor and find the soft spots (say from the basement or crawlspace?), you'll likely see that there is a gap between the flooring and the joist. Just get a chunk of 2x4 and sister it to the joist so that the flooring sits on top of the 2x4 with no gap between them.
Member Posts: 744: I have 2 very small soft spots in the floor of my Lund Pro-V. They are only about the size of your foot and I would like to fix them as I am going to be selling the boat.
It apears the soft spots are between the top fiberglass deck and the bottom side of the floor that meets the stringers. Basically saying the material between the fiberglass top and the bottom side of the deck is worn away.
A temporary fix might be to cut some pieces of 1/2" exterior plywood to fit, screwing them down woth 1" screws. A permanent fix would involve removing whatever is above the soft spots (seats and such), cutting out the rotten wood, reinforcing as needed, and replacing the floor boards.
Hi! I am planning to repair some soft spots in the deck by injecting foam in between the layers. I think that this is the best method that does not add extra weight to the hull.
A soft spot in your boat can make your life miserable on board. It requires you to fix it as soon as possible. Boats are usually affected when you use them actively, suffering numerous stresses on their hull.
I too have a boat that had a "soft spot" in the floor. Turned out the entire floor was rotten, the stringers were rotten, the transom was rotten, etc. I ended up ripping out the entire floor, stringers, the inside skin of the transom, to where I had an empty hull and rebuilt the entire thing.
How to Repair a Soft Boat Deck. When you notice a small soft spot in the deck of your boat, it's often easy to ignore it, thinking the problem is one of limited scope. The problem, though, is that soft spots indicate an underlying problem that, if ignored, will spread. Repairing a soft spot in a fiberglass deck is both a monstrous dance with...
Boat Repair and Restoration; Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair; ... Currently I have an old 22' center console bay boat with a fiberglass over plywood floor that is cracking and has soft spots. This boat doesn't have much if any value. But it does have a good hull and runs great. ... Easy Fix? or too much trouble. If the floor is ...
The floor at the rear of the boat, in front of where the gas can hides, is soft. Someone has tried to repair it in the past by nailing down a sheet of plywood back there. However, the problem has obviously spread forward, as the floor ahead of the plywood is soft, too.
soft spots in fiberglass floor. Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by LEASEGUY, Aug 23, 2006. ... the frames which go across the boat, are joined at the bottom, across the keel by the floor, the floor is a heavy section of , in timber boats, layers of wood, or one big grown slab,built to a height and following the ...
Re: Soft spot Repair or Whole floor??? Welcome Jdip83, Like the others have stated, do some serious poking around, because if you are planning on keeping this boat for more than a few years, it will be well worth the effort to do it up right.
Got soft spots in the deck of your boat? This video will diagnose the problem and teach you how to fix it, using MAS Epoxies fiberglass resin products.
Need some help repairing soft spot in floor. Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Stan Bright, ... Hi folks I have a flybridge boat with a soft spot in the floor on the starboard side. It's right up against the wall of the bridge. (Excuse my terminology..) I need to repair it, but I need some help getting the balsa ...
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
- wpc decoration fence material dubai factory
- composite decking at discount price
- wpc board cost in india
- outdoor padding for play area design
- build an outdoor wooden box
- composite around inground pool floor foam
- timber effect twin wall wood plastic panel
- wood tiles philippine price
- lowes home improvement outdoor decks
- wood plastic composite producers emirates skywards
- pressure treated douglas fir tongue and groove slovenia
- modern kitchen cabinet colors
- cost to build a privacy fence ebay
- plastic suppliers near me
- privacy yard wall panels for decks
- wooden deck kits for 18ft above ground pool
- wood look wpc wood hyderabad agent
- storage sheds wood composite furniture
- deck wood above ground pool around
- green landscape decking natural wood grain
- patio flooring supplier price in caceres
- max joist spacing for extra thick decking
- replace wood floor slats with composite deck patio table
- timber cladding overlap uk
- composite vs wood heat resistance
- reviews on modern view decking problems
- 2 structural roof decking galway
- cheap above ground pool landscaping ideas
- concrete molds for sale philippines
- best deck material 2018 dodge
- pavers installed on balcony floors
- swimming pool flooring options
- weight of composite deck boards
- build roof over deck easy meatloaf
- average outdoor deck prices
- installing bathroom tile over plastic mesh lebanon
- composite board be used to build a bench
- outdoor play fence zimbabwe
- poly high density hdpe plastic lumber in texas
- oil or water base stain on trex
- engineered wood flooring moisture resistant
- build front porch columns
- cover your ugly deck board
- wood steps over concrete steps
- porch railing price seef
- types of plastic floors for basements
- bathroom tile board at lowes
- vinyl fence suppliers in denver
- wet weather decks options trading
- alternative to engineered wood pickets with grooves
- paint laminate wood grain deck drawing
- price of ceramic in ghana 2018
- porch reconstituted timber panel
- gray deck stain colors
- wood plastic joist spacer
- buy timber dogs for joining wood
- high exterior wall panel threshold wood floor
- replacement kitchen doors homebase
- how to build railing mobil home
- free deck design for pools
- interior glass panel doors with transom
- plastic wood garden panels excavated
- white terrace board floor
- setting up wood manufacturing in mexico
- two design 150 square meters fence
- wood plastic composite white cladding in bathroom
- wpc vs veranda railing kits
- outdoor composite bench frame
- chevy avalanche cladding for sale
- waterproof exterior decking
- exterior cladding factory direct
- plastic wood outdoor green fencing wire
- western gates and fencing
- manufacture process of plastic wood floor frames
- best way to waterproof decking
- park material decking lumber
- best stain for outdoor wood deck
- could you make window boxes from composite decking
- wpc deck and porch calculator scientific
- how to build room over an existing deck