Soft spots in the fiberglass body of a boat can become a serious problem if not taken care of right way. A soft spot in fiberglass can be caused by poor initial application or because of overexposure to sunlight.
Best Answer: Soft spots on the floor cost about $8.50 a square foot to repair correctly You'll probably need to repair about 1-2 Sq.Ft. for each spot so $15.00 - $50.00 depending on how bad it is under the carpet OR depending on the location
Stingers and Floor. The most obvious signs that your boat is in need of a new floor is that when walking around you feel soft spots. When we repair a floor we pull up the carpet and then pull up the bad wood and fiberglass.
Hello to all, I have a 18' bowrider, and in 2 or 3 spots the floor feels spongy, like it might be rotting out. I talked to some people and they suggested drilling small holes in the soft area and injecting it with a fiberglass resin.
How to Repair Soft Spots in Fiberglass On A Boat Use a palm sander to sand the weak spot below the level of the sound fiberglass surrounding the weakened area . Since the fiberglass has already thinned or cracked, you may sand all the way through the fiberglass in spots.
If you can get underneath the floor and find the soft spots (say from the basement or crawlspace?), you'll likely see that there is a gap between the flooring and the joist. Just get a chunk of 2x4 and sister it to the joist so that the flooring sits on top of the 2x4 with no gap between them.
Member Posts: 744: I have 2 very small soft spots in the floor of my Lund Pro-V. They are only about the size of your foot and I would like to fix them as I am going to be selling the boat.
It apears the soft spots are between the top fiberglass deck and the bottom side of the floor that meets the stringers. Basically saying the material between the fiberglass top and the bottom side of the deck is worn away.
A temporary fix might be to cut some pieces of 1/2" exterior plywood to fit, screwing them down woth 1" screws. A permanent fix would involve removing whatever is above the soft spots (seats and such), cutting out the rotten wood, reinforcing as needed, and replacing the floor boards.
Hi! I am planning to repair some soft spots in the deck by injecting foam in between the layers. I think that this is the best method that does not add extra weight to the hull.
A soft spot in your boat can make your life miserable on board. It requires you to fix it as soon as possible. Boats are usually affected when you use them actively, suffering numerous stresses on their hull.
I too have a boat that had a "soft spot" in the floor. Turned out the entire floor was rotten, the stringers were rotten, the transom was rotten, etc. I ended up ripping out the entire floor, stringers, the inside skin of the transom, to where I had an empty hull and rebuilt the entire thing.
How to Repair a Soft Boat Deck. When you notice a small soft spot in the deck of your boat, it's often easy to ignore it, thinking the problem is one of limited scope. The problem, though, is that soft spots indicate an underlying problem that, if ignored, will spread. Repairing a soft spot in a fiberglass deck is both a monstrous dance with...
Boat Repair and Restoration; Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair; ... Currently I have an old 22' center console bay boat with a fiberglass over plywood floor that is cracking and has soft spots. This boat doesn't have much if any value. But it does have a good hull and runs great. ... Easy Fix? or too much trouble. If the floor is ...
The floor at the rear of the boat, in front of where the gas can hides, is soft. Someone has tried to repair it in the past by nailing down a sheet of plywood back there. However, the problem has obviously spread forward, as the floor ahead of the plywood is soft, too.
soft spots in fiberglass floor. Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by LEASEGUY, Aug 23, 2006. ... the frames which go across the boat, are joined at the bottom, across the keel by the floor, the floor is a heavy section of , in timber boats, layers of wood, or one big grown slab,built to a height and following the ...
Re: Soft spot Repair or Whole floor??? Welcome Jdip83, Like the others have stated, do some serious poking around, because if you are planning on keeping this boat for more than a few years, it will be well worth the effort to do it up right.
Got soft spots in the deck of your boat? This video will diagnose the problem and teach you how to fix it, using MAS Epoxies fiberglass resin products.
Need some help repairing soft spot in floor. Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Stan Bright, ... Hi folks I have a flybridge boat with a soft spot in the floor on the starboard side. It's right up against the wall of the bridge. (Excuse my terminology..) I need to repair it, but I need some help getting the balsa ...
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
- jual pagar dawai di malaysia
- synthetic wood playground bark
- marine teak decking maintenance
- 1x3 tongue and groove porch floor
- replacing kitchen doors cork
- outdoor railing design ideas
- wood plastic composite outdoor spa
- wood plastic composite export market
- handscraped cheap composite decks material myanmar
- 12 by 12 square for decks
- 84 ft parks lumber privacy fence panel
- trek composite decking in philippines
- composite fence board tongue and grove
- wpc board price in delhi
- fence panel surrounds the belly button
- pvc decorative wall board manufacturer
- in the wall ironing board cabinet
- reclaimed floor board glasgow
- outdoor deck floor panel
- how to install filled flooring laminate flooring
- cost of 33 feet pvc deck railing
- 24 round pool deck hastings
- budget pavillion for deck
- sheds composite deck yard
- building picket fence from wood pallets
- material of wpc fabrication specialties
- trinidad and tobago teak lumber exporters
- outdoor children play area fencing
- wood plastic combination floor advantage sales
- synthetic teak floor in uk do not wash
- wood panels for cement patios
- wholesale recycled decking products
- wood decking over concrete stairs
- silt fence material cost
- grey tile hardwood floors
- pontoon boat composite flooring
- deep embossing decking floor material
- composite rail russia
- plastic deck roofing panels sale salvador
- deck flooring material you need to draw
- composite floor covering for outside porch
- clearance wood lattice work
- water resistant paneling lowes
- benevento chrysler dash kits
- perforated composite deck
- decking tile on grass uk
- where to buy pvc decking
- paint laminate wood grain deck drawing
- alternative pontoon decking cover
- self installing backyard flooring for kids
- where to buy wood board
- deck board covering wholesale
- decking bolton ontario
- vinyl fence hole diameter tolerances
- timber decking design room
- wpc rollout porch flooring
- how much square meter timber decking diy
- outdoor furniture sets clearance under 300
- flame retardant plastic patio decking
- vinyl flooring manufacturers usa
- cheap porcelain floor tile
- how to dispose of railroad ties in los angeles
- step by step pool deck construction
- wood plastic composite fence in san diego california
- natures garden composite diy decking
- utility flooring material uae
- aluminum fencing in crossville tn
- privacy fencing ideas for the yard
- nepal pergola replace wood
- buy composite deck trim board
- average cost for hardy siding for 1200 square foot house
- wood polymer composite spain
- garden decking supplier oman
- wood composite hotel buildings deck material
- faux outdoor decking importers in dubai
- composite decking dealers glens falls
- large wooden flower beds
- how to buy flooring from overseas
- price to build a wood fence
- interlocking pavers weather proofing material