Siding Replacement Wars: James Hardie vs. LP SmartSide in a Battle for Contractors, Builders, and You. By Ryan Carey In James Hardie Siding, LP Smartside On June 17, 2014. This is a guest blog post by Ryan Carey, of My 3 Quotes.. We’ve all seen some epic battles over competing products in which parts of the ad campaign relied on going after the competition.
Just a Little history of Composite Siding: The most commonly seen problematic siding out there, hands down, is Louisiana Pacific Inner Seal Siding. After forming from a Georgia Pacific spin-off in 1972, Louisiana Pacific was born.
The current battle of paintable composite siding boards has given rise to quite the rivalry between LP SmartSide and James Hardie... the front line of this battle is taking place in the Twin ...
HOUSE SIding CLASS ACTION SUITS. Hardboard siding class action law suits, status and warranty information. ... Georgia-Pacific had two brands involved in class action suits: Jarrett and Catawba siding. ... The class action on all Weyerhaeuser Siding Products is over.
Weyerhaeuser brand hardboard siding is an exterior composite wood siding made from wood fiber mixed primarily with resin and wax and pressed under extreme pressure and heat into dense panels. Using different plate designs, these panels can have different textures.
Top 7 Complaints and Reviews about LP Siding. Learn about ConsumerAffairs for Brands! ... It goes to show that with proper installation and maintenance, having Louisiana-Pacific wood composite siding ( at least that manufactured in 1996), ...
Technicalities aside, the whole wood products industry was racing headlong into the composite wood siding business and nearly every one of these 1990’s era wood siding products has had problems with premature failure and product defect litigation.
CertainTeed Corporation and representatives of owners of buildings on which the Siding had been installed reached a proposed class action settlement. The settlement is intended to resolve disputes between the parties about the performance of the Siding.
Class action lawsuits resulted, and the manufacturers ended up paying a lot of money for siding to be replaced on homes. That was the last I had thought about hardboard siding until my father mentioned the product and I was very surprised to find out he had used it on the addition to his old house during the ’70s.
If at all possible try to find out what the name brand of your siding material and any warranty information. This can help with valuable information for repair, maintenance and replacement information on your specific siding material.
Masonite Hardboard Siding Product Markings The corporate logos or brand name as shown below are used to positively identify hardboard siding products manufactured by Masonite Corporation. Any of these brandings may appear on the back of the siding.
In the past, various composite siding products wrapped homes only to develop serious problems such as swelling, mold attraction, and delamination. Georgia-Pacific, Louisiana-Pacific, Masonite, and other manufacturers were targets of large, successful class-action lawsuits as a result.
Following the class action suit, almost all manufacturers ceased production of their hardboard siding products. POTENTIAL ISSUES WITH PRESSBOARD SIDING Pressboard siding naturally absorbs water and swells slightly, but with proper installation and ongoing maintenance that absorption rate can be kept to a safe level.
Property owners who experienced problems with James Hardie fiber cement siding may be able to participate in a class action lawsuit to recover compensation for repair costs and other damages.
Abatibi hardboard siding, ABTCO siding, Forestex hardboard siding, Georgia Pacific hardboard siding, Louisiana Pacific hardboard siding, Masonite hardboard siding, Shakertown Panel Siding, Weyerhaeuser Hardboard Siding, and Wolverine DuraPress are examples of brands of hardboard siding that have suffered these problems.
It goes to show that with proper installation and maintenance, having Louisiana-Pacific wood composite siding (at least that manufactured in 1996), can be no different than other types of siding.
Siding Replacement Wars: James Hardie vs. LP SmartSide in a Battle for Contractors, Builders, and You By Ryan Carey In Exterior , James Hardie Siding , LP Smartside On June 17, 2014 This is a guest blog post by Ryan Carey, of My 3 Quotes .
Our testing shows significant performance differences by siding type and brand. Some siding is far less resistant to cracking from impacts in warm and cold weather, and some is less likely to stay ...
The settlement includes all those who have owned or own property on which Forestex siding has been incorporated or installed in the states of Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and Hawaii since January 1, 1985.
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
- modular wall panel for towable trailers
- no formaldehyde waterproof mdf board supplier
- compositepergola kits for sale
- 1x3 tongue and groove porch floor
- vinyl wood grain porch post
- build privacy fence from plastic deck board
- diy deck pattern ideas
- wpc outdoor decking in poland
- building wood floor platform for pools
- pvc pipe factory malaysia
- above ground pool decks wood oval framing
- white fence panels prices lowes
- teak wood tables for sale
- composite material compute mechanical properties chamois
- bead board panelling for boat cabin
- plastic wood products pricing
- low garden fence ideas
- outdoor deck stair construction how to
- composite fencing for yard south africa
- heavy duty cedar lattice fence
- grooves verses square composite decking
- environmentally friendly wood plastic composite sheet
- wpc cladding on construction diagram of buildings
- floor mats on decking calculator
- 3 ft decorative fence bespoke
- cheap outdoor floor epoxy
- buy decking direct from china
- hollow composite decking for sale mn
- buy fake wood wall panel high quality low cost
- best flooring material for a front porch
- projects to use up leftover deck boards
- timber floating floor reviews
- wood plastic to cover back porch from snow
- attaching metal railings to composite decking
- composite decking for a boat floor india
- cheaper building homes in south africa
- eco deck patio supplier norway
- wood plastic composites competition
- cheap wooden garden walls panel
- composite timber flooring zachary
- buy interlocking grey plastic deck tile
- sears privacy fencing prices
- above ground pool decks free above ground pool decks
- waterproof finish for wood deck
- use existing chain link fence posts
- plastic garden mesh malta
- how to build small wood patio
- balcony flooring panels supplier diversity
- prefabricated exterior stairs concrete
- lumbar liquidators install decking
- ceiling decorative panels hallways
- roof insulation panels new zealand
- weatherproof wood sheets for sale
- stearic acid polypropylene wood
- deck bench plans for public area
- kind of hardwood floor is used in sea ray boats
- trex products canada
- exterior balcony railing systems
- types of outdoor deck paint
- upvc fascia board dealer india
- 3 story roof top deck floor plans
- wood plastic pergola calculator
- building handrails for deck steps
- modular above ground pool
- cheap non slip tile for outside steps
- installing an exterior threshold over laminate flooring
- pvc waterproof decking material
- pigmented solid plastic composite pergola
- balcony deck system impermeable layer
- front yard flooring styles
- plastic wood furniture suppliers bahamas
- plywood wholesale dealers in kerala
- overlap fencing for sale
- fencing material for sale ebay
- where can you purchase wooden bench slats
- plastic wood like tile flooring
- entry mat for pvc deck furniture
- plans to build flower box
- composite wood decking come in railing
- lumber liquidators ipe decking