Im looking to put a floor in my 1456 jon boat. Its a duck hunting boat first, an fishing boat second. So water will have a huge impact. However, im not looking for a long term solution.
Anyone did anthing special with the flooring in an aluminum boat? I have a 14', 72" wide across the top, aluminum boat that I am going to put a floor in. Looking for ideas different than a wood floor.
With woodworking skills, you can make sturdy floors that are custom fit to your boat and your needs. Measure the length of each compartment to be lined along the fore-aft axis. Measure on the forward compartment from the front of the bench seat to the point where the bottom begins its rise to the bow.
Re: Replacing floor on Aluminum boat, suggestions on wood... Im going to use stuff that is 1/2 inches and is 5 ply. Its up to you though a lot of others would go with 3/4 but i want to save weight.
Re: A little help with adding wood floor to fiberglass boat nix the laminate/hardwood, put it in my house, a/c drain backed up due to biological growth in the drain tube, drain backed up water under flooring, flooring swelled wasnt the nice pretty floor i spent a week putting in any more.
Wood covered with a hard coat resin would be the cheapest way to go and possibly the longest lasting. You could put aluminium flooring in but what ever you do, make sure that it is supported by the ribs.
I've got a Sea Ark 1872 open boat with nothing in it but the back bench, it's tiller steering. I'm contemplating swapping to a center console set up but want to change out the old wood flooring prior to doing that (and probably even if I don't swap).
I put a wooden floor in the center section of my 16' Lowe 1648 and decided to pull it out after a couple of years. It took 2 of us to lift it out of the boat, and it was all we could handle. It weighed as much as a small adult.
Whether you're looking to make your boat stand out or simply want to change it's look, there are several "best options" for flooring your boat's decks. Laying down a wooden deck, painting a fiberglass deck with non-skid paint, covering a deck with painted canvas to lengthen its life or laying down vinyl as an alternative to an expensive ...
Getting ready for off season boat projects and I need to add flooring to my Grizzly 1860. I put the cheap puzzle piece flooring from Lowe's in but that didn't hold up too well mostly due to towing and the wind tearing it or dislodging it.
Re: "sealing" a new wood floor in a aluminum boat We really need to see a picture of the overall inside of your boat, maybe one from bow looking back and the from the sten looking forward.
I recently bought this 14′ alumicraft Jon boat and I’m wanting to put a wood floor with carpet or tuff stuff or something to that effect. I mostly go out at night and run my lines so speed/weight isn’t really an issue.
I used 3/8 in plwood because with the ribs support and foam the floor proved rigid even with that thickness of wood. covered it with expensive outdoor carpet. five yrs later boat has sat outside all winters and even though tarp covered it still gets water and junk in nooks and crannies.
Hi, I am in a process of redoing the interior of my new boat (1985 16' Starcraft). I will be replacing the floor since it feels a bit soft. I'm trying to figure out what kind of wood to use to replace it with.
I put my whole floor in without putting one screw in the hull of my boat and it is solid as a rock. I cut stringers out of 1X4 and matched the contour of the bottom of the boat with them. My boat has reinforcing ribs that run from starboard to port (sideways) and I put one of these stringers on each one.
If you want a flush mount pedistal base int he middle, the flooring is going to have to be raised.. which isnt always a great idea in a jon boat. I would stay away from wood, its heavy, and you have a jet powered boat that you really want to keep the boat light, and the weight as balanced as possible.
I bought a Lowe mv16ft Jon boat I would like to put in a floor over the ribs. Thinking about aluminum treadplate and want to add foam under it for less noise and insulation.
Re: flooring jon boat May be able to use a thinner gauge if you install, between the ribs, foam the same thickness as the ribs. This would give support and add some floatation.
im getting ready to put a plywood floor in my jon boat, wonderin if anybodys done this before and could give me some pointers for me before I start, such as what size plywood to use, how to mount it; etc.
It's very easy to put a new floor in most aluminum boats, so the down side of a low cost job not holding up long enough and needing to be done again isn't as critical as on a fiber glass boat. Cheap exterior plywood and some kind of deck or porch paint for wood will hold up for several years and just use some sand as a non skid finish.
when you put the floor in the boat just dont use green treated plywood it eats away at the aluminum boats. the copper in the wood reacts with the aluminum and corroids it REPORT AS ABUSE Post Your Comment
fiberglass would cost way more then ply. ive replaced many many bass boat floors with cheap ply coated on both sides with cheap poly glass resin. and they last three times longer then marine ply and their weight isnt that bad at all. just make sure you coat all the wood,every cut and every hole you make in it.
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
- shadowbox privacy fence sale to bahrain
- small deck design and plans
- laminate floor padding price
- gray wood grain composite tile commercial
- suspended ceiling systems suppliers
- decking around pools build
- outdoor garden flooring interlocking plastic wood
- wide plank wood wainscoting panels
- advantages and disadvantages of building fence industry
- floor tile prices in philippines
- wood plastic composite post canada
- ipe wood sustainable tiles
- outdoor wood decking detail
- 2x4 bender board for landscaping
- composite deck board sizes of envelopes
- material for wood plastic deck tile
- flooring salvage dallas
- plastic waterproof wall panel for sale
- average fencing price per foot
- lattice fence panels in jasper al
- cheap wood ceiling pricing garage
- weight per square foot wpc bridge decking 5 inch
- faux blue stain beatle pine panelling
- which type of stabilizers used for making wood plastic composite
- anchoring a railing to a porch
- roof deck patio design
- how to remove vinyl floor tile easily
- how to build pergola no an existing composite deck
- patio doors prices south africa
- vinyl coated fencing
- decking board lengths in turkey
- suspended wood plastic composite great wall panel
- install railing on concrete porch
- black composite door and frame
- what is the widest composite deck board
- simple ground level deck plans
- ideas for covering patio slab
- cheap decking solutions melbourne
- garden wall panels in uk
- how to level sloped composite floor
- balau wood floor supplier in malaysia
- rigid drainage mat for flat roof deck
- railing repair cost wood
- composite wood for tree houses for rent
- tongue and groove wood floor corrosion resistant
- china laminate flooring cancer
- lanka tile latest design of mehndi
- does exterior plywood warp
- outdoor wood walls fencing companies
- fading of choice deck
- price of pedestal system for wood decking
- 2 ft wooden fencing export
- composite decking material fire rated
- cost composite deck material
- plastic composite wall panel definition
- wpc marine flooring for boats
- cost of composite decking per square metre
- modern wood fence miami
- vinyl floor planking prices
- interest outdoor reused items
- unique curved seating for outdoor fire pit
- roof top deck construction
- building table out of solid deck
- kennel tile flooring system
- garden decking with railings
- how much does fiberglass inground pool cost
- composite flooring in thailand
- decorative composite wall board in uk
- green cleaning products information
- vinyl wood covering for 2x4 ceiling
- plastic internal doors washington
- brush on fireproof decking
- fencing material for sale ebay
- plastic lumber in calgary
- compare composite decking brands quilt
- installing hardwood floors over concrete slab
- hunter green composite decking
- composite faux teak boat flooring
- composite floor super market
- safety in the construction industry report