Cedar shingle siding can beatify your home, but before installing it consider that it will more maintenance than other types of home siding. The most common of these cedar shingle siding problems is moisture damage that can be caused by moisture seeping through even the smallest cracks in the surface of the wood shingles.
Wood siding is one of the most beautiful of all types of siding — and one of the most expensive. If you’d like to avoid repairs that could cost thousands of dollars, and you’d like to keep your clapboard, shingles, or board-and-batten lasting for decades, regular upkeep and maintenance is critical.
LP ? SmartSide ? Cedar Texture Shake Siding is a great choice for adding charm and character to any home. It’s an affordable alternative to achieving the natural look of real shake siding with easy maintenance and upkeep.
Treatments for cedar siding maintenance Some cedar siding shingles are treated with bleaching oil, which is a treatment made with linseed oil and bleach crystals. Along with protecting your cedar shingles against decay and other coastal contamination, this treatment will also give them the weathered silvery gray look that many homeowners prefer.
For more information regarding the installation and maintenance of your cedar shake or shingle application, check out the following resources. CARE AND MAINTENANCE: Installation, Care and Maintenance of Wood Shake and Shingle Roofs (.pdf)
Cedar siding is unquestionably beautiful, and unbelievably durable. Unfortunately, it is expensive and can be high maintenance. Most people who choose cedar do so for the beauty of the wood, without concern for the expense and maintenance.
Vinyl cedar shake can give your home the traditional look of wood without having to worry about repainting or maintenance. Vinyl cedar shakes also stand strong against many weather conditions. This siding material can also stand up to strong winds of up to 100 mph.
With care and maintenance, wood shingle siding lasts for years. They make a home look attractive and protect the home from weather damage. Homeowners who properly care for and maintain their shingles prolong the life of their siding and protect their investment.
Maintenance is similar to that of other wood siding, with maintenance of the clear-coat. In addition, any cracks that appear in the split log siding must be filled and sealed to prevent sloughing of the bark. ... It is important to check building codes in your area before you install shake siding or cedar shake shingles. Some building codes ...
The good news about cedar shingle siding is its ability to resist rot and pests better than other woods, but as a soft wood, it mars easily. When left to its own devices, cedar weathers well to a silvery gray -- a common siding material used for beach homes and mountain cabins.
Aged vinyl cedar shakes are an environmentally-friendly choice to replacing old wood siding. High quality vinyl cedar shakes will not fade from exposure from the sun. Vinyl cedar shakes are maintenance-free and will leave you with a lifetime of everlasting beauty and performance.
The Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau, a nonprofit trade organization, warns that an experienced washer should assess a cedar-siding job individually, since high-pressure water jets can damage wood. Nail down loose cedar shakes
Cedar shake siding and cedar shingle siding is the look most buyers crave when they consider real wood siding. Shakes and shingles can be used to cover the entire exterior or be installed in gables and other areas to complement wood or stone siding.
Christopher G. 2011. Installation, care, and maintenance of wood shake and shingle siding. General Technical Report FPL-GTR-202. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Labora-
Sadly, cedar shake maintenance and cedar shake siding cost can be significant. For example, maintenance for a natural cedar roof can cost between $500-$1000 per year on average. By contrast, Enviroshake products are virtually maintenance free.
Having your siding cleaned and sealed/stained can double the life of your cedar siding. Maintenance is required to extend the life and floor the beauty of your Cedar Shake Roof. Cedar Shake Treatment & Protection
Cedar Shake Maintenance Cedar has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, allowing you to leave the wood untreated without worry of excess warping, rotting and cracking. It does weather, though, changing color throughout time, offering a much more rugged look than stained cedar siding offers.
Shake siding installation occurs in courses—or rows—which are overlapped to ensure your cedar shake siding is watertight. Humidity on the day of wood siding installation is also very important—the lower the moisture content, the further apart you should lay each shake, as the shakes will likely expand on higher moisture days.
Cedar siding is actually less maintenance than you think and there's many reasons why you should use cedar for your next siding project. Western Red Cedar Siding is a beautiful, affordable and environmentally friendly siding choice. ... So you can feel good about wood siding. There’s Lots To Choose From.
Care and Maintenance of Western Red Cedar Siding Handling Discoloration and Wear. The surfaces of finished Western Red Cedar decks, siding and trim boards exposed outdoors inevitably become dirty and can also be discolored by mildew, algae and moss.
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
- pvc white board in norway
- outside wall coverings material
- wood flour foamed composite panel association
- black epoxy garage floor glow flakes
- solid wood plastic decking over concrete
- acoustical wood flooring supplier in singapore
- lowes deck for outdoor balconies
- whole sale of plastic fencing johor
- cheapest way to build platform deck for above ground pool
- tiger wood composite decking
- porch tongue and groove wood decking
- curved indoor wall board
- window design sri lanka photos
- wpc cost calculation
- laminate versus engineered hardwood flooring
- wpc flame retardant for fence
- wpc fence post plastic brackets
- reclaimed wood outdoor planters
- decorating a wood privacy fence
- wood deck waterproofing products
- price of wooden handrails for outside steps
- composite wood outdoor bench furniture hong kong
- clear wood plastic wall panels for porch
- how to add lattice top adding lattice to existing fence
- new recycled wpc products in thailand
- what is the least expensive floor covering
- shower waterproof flooring options
- high quality outdoor wall panel supplier in uk
- wood plastic composite saudi arabia
- 2x4 wood panels in new zealand
- plastic wood sheets fence
- arched bridge composite decking kelowna
- what does hollow to floor mean reds
- types of bathroom wall material
- low cost composite deck covering outlets
- suspended wood plastic composite great wall panel
- exterior decking membranes with sand finish
- seal coating for composite decking board lowes
- waterproof 4x8 wood sheeting
- wood plastic composite composition of functions
- cost of composite wood fencing type and price
- lakeview oregon wood door company
- installing wooden deck tile over concrete floor
- replacement bench wood slats
- swimming pool decking dallas texas
- how to build wooden fence with metal posts
- wpc hdpe pvc pigmentosa
- plastic composite board hollow board supplier in delhi
- alternative to engineered wood pickets with grooves
- about laminate flooring underlay waterford
- best way to build wooden fence gate
- railroad cross ties lowes
- wpc stair step stringers
- swimming pool gates nz
- how much to install exposed wood beams
- wood plastic composite waterfront cafe
- marine grade deck tech plywood sheathing
- hollow core pvc planking
- wooden fence for sale johor
- level 6x6 area of lawn
- plastic laminate for exterior plywood
- over plywood low thickness tile patterns
- where to buy interlocking wood in lagos
- wood privacy fencing supplies
- how much does fiberglass inground pool cost
- latest developments in wood plastics
- building wood panel
- how to install vinyl fence panels on slope quizzes
- best use timbers retaining wall 4 or 6
- 18mm plywood sheets uk
- wood board kitchen cabinet door panel
- wpc decking in finland
- lastest concrete fence wall in ghana
- ways to cover concrete for physical education class
- wood siding profiles 48 x 72
- wood composite hotel buildings deck material
- wooden patio floor level deck
- marine plywood suppliers ireland
- waterproof floor box cover
- non slip exterior floor tile for swimming pool deck