No more carpet to replace, no more exposed wood scratching your boat, no more wasting money on plastic strips. The Ultimate Bunk Board is ideal for any boat trailer, PWC or boat lift! Our bunk boards are made from High-Density Polyethelene Plastic with a UV inhibitor added to help resist fading.
A lot depends on the weight on the back of the boat. Mine has a blown 454 V-drive. (Very heavy in her rear) I like the bottom rollers with rollers on the side.
My trailer happens to use 2x6's for the bunks and the vinyl board I picked up is just slightly wider at about 5 3/4''. What I'm going to do is countersink the vinyl and fasten it in place with SS screws.
looking to replace my boat trailer bunks soon and i am currently pondering a few questions. 1. The bunks should not be treated lumber right? ... I used trek wood on ...
TurboMan, we replaced bunks on a trailer for a 28 foot pontoon boat a couple years ago. Basically theres 28 feet of bunk, and 2 for each pontoon.
I have the skinny on doing bunks. Pick your wood. Use your old bunks as templates. Use carriage bolts counter sunk from the top of the bunk. Double nut two nuts at the bottom of the carriage bolt.
Trying to launch my 18' boat has always been a strain. It would be easier if my trailer had rollers, which it doesn't - it has carpeted bunks. It's all I can do to push the 1400 pound boat and motor combination, especially when I'm perched on top of the trailer tongue, trying to keep my feet dry ...
Most factory boat trailers sold with basic carpeted bunks use plain fir or pine, I've yet to unwrap a factory bunk and see pressure treated wood. As far as covering them, you can use either stainless staples or stainless roofing nails.
Best Type of Wood for Trailer Bunks Discussion in 'RD's ... I would have more time to boat. ... I used it on the rear bunks of my prior 25 Shockwave Tremor.
I have a question, last year i replaced the bunks on my trailer with green treated lumber and then used cabelas carpet to cover the wood. Now someone told me that the chemicals in the wood will react somehow to the aluminum in the hull.
When I rebuilt my trailer it had roller bunks. I took the rollers out then replaced them with full sized 2"x4" cypress boards. On top of the cypress I laid a layer of the white composite material called bunk slicks.
Never use modern pressure treated lumber on trailer bunks to be used for Aluminum boats. There occurs an electro/chemical reaction to certain chemicals used in the preservation process that will react to the hull and produce accelerated corrosion.
It may be illegal in some places to use pressure treated wood for bunks or other uses that bring it into contact with ponds/lakes/rivers. There are two types of boards, plain sawn and quarter sawn. In plain sawn lumber, say a two by four, the growth rings will be oriented along the four inch dimension.
PT wood was OEM on My trailer, when I needed to re-carpet the bunks I bought new PT wood put the carpet on at home and swap it out at the lake one day, the old wood looked fine after a few years of use.
I used kiln dried con heart on my keel roller Montauk trailer and it worked fine. Since Chuck's is a bunk style trailer, green wood might be the best call. TWC, Southern Lumber is a real lumber yard with prices to match!
I replaced the bunks this weekend on a small trailer that I carry a 12' jon on. I used treated lumber covered with carpet, and after looking around on here I have some worries about the copper content in the wood causing some problems with the boat hull.
The bunks on my trailer were pressure treated fir and the galvanized lag bolts fastening the bunks to the trailer brackets corroded severely in fresh water. Interceptor View Public Profile
Load Rite target bunk kit is used to add a pair of bunks that attach to the front crossbar of a trailer. It is adjustable both front to back as well as the height, and designed to provide support below the bow area on 5 star and Load Rite AC21, AC23, and AC25 model boat trailers.
Re: What type of wood to use for trailer bunks? I use treated lumber, with galvanized bolts to hold off rusting as long as possible. You can get marine carpet at most big box home supply stores.
I'm replacing all now and going to do it correctly and just be done with it my local Walmart stocks bunk board carpet so I'm going to grab it and use it. I figure if I got the boat off might as well do it all.
Pontoon Trailer Bunks and Coverings Most pontoon trailers have 2” x 4” wooden bunks. They are usually lag bolted from beneath, through the bunk brackets into the wood.
Yes. Its a sealer. Its good for sealing out stains in walls, but I am using it for seat bottoms and backs in a boat that I am restoring. I am also using it on the trailer: fender wells (inside where its carpeted), steps, bunks and rear guide rails.
Re: Treated lumber trailer bunks? I ask at today what their weathershield treatment contained and the lumber guy showed me that it is treated with the copper azole so I got the untreated 2x6x14s for the bunk wood and I will water proof it myself.
"Pressure-treated pine is the industry standard for boat-trailer bunks," he says, noting that hardwoods such as oak and cypress are popular alternatives to treated pine. Composite boards such as those designed for patio decking are now being used for bunks as well, but pressure-treated pine is a proven material, strong enough to support the ...
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
- 20 ft long decking wood
- new cheap wpc composite decking board decking flooring
- how much is pool decking for 27 foot pool
- plastic wood pergola kits roof garden
- severe weather railroad tie
- price index for teak and marine meranti wood
- porch tongue and groove wood decking
- outdoor floor that looks like wood
- wood panel floor systems install
- exterior wall plastic cladding in essex
- waterproof sealant for house flooring
- wooden deck plastic conditions of probation
- neighbours fence blocking view
- low cost home balcony images and design
- pergola wood kits bangladesh distributor
- how to clean moldy railing
- wooden plastic composite material philippine
- buy vinyl fence broward county florida
- wood floors wholesale manufacturers metro manila
- architect with wood plastic
- germany wood plastic composite prefab
- wood floor garden shed
- wall panel wood for sale in uk
- acoustic properties of wpc decking importer
- exterior extruded wood deck design
- main component of wood
- wood floor entrance gates
- parkland plastics waterproof wall panels
- exterior wood grain laminate
- build patio floor from composite wood panel
- how to replace wood deck board with composite
- install a wood fence on a retaining wall
- how to install decking on slab
- indoor outdoor wood tile
- wall panel for motorhome
- townhouse patio privacy ideas
- wpc decking turning white disease
- exterior wood siding sheets
- wood plastic versus wood hardness comparison
- distributor wood plastic composite decking
- floating engineered hardwood floor installation on concrete
- bathroom tile board at lowes
- how to install veranda composite decking
- how to stop roof from warping board
- composite decking customer reviews
- custom deck box composite wood
- 8 foot wide garden panels screens
- combination wood handrails and wpc decking
- wpc deck board wpc deck board for sale
- how to fix up teak wood
- composite weather cladding material
- dura supreme cabinetry review
- composite shed base foundation how to
- safety fencing balcony wholesale quezon city
- mildew proof wood fence design
- pvc wpc elastic modulus units
- wood garden walks stone
- how much to install balcony fence
- thru flow decking panel
- how to build garden fence
- wpc deck installation process
- polywood adirondack benchs holland mi
- wood bench personalized
- patio funiture made out of composite wood fence
- sunproof without stain boat deck review
- wood railings for balconies
- difference between hollow wood board
- pvc cladding wood effect bathrooms
- plastic wood fence outdoor
- define hollow to floor malta
- reclaimed hardwood flooring sale
- how to build metal exterior stair railings
- advantages and disadvantages of wpc wood
- exterior wpc wall precast panels in philippines
- wood plastic composite wpc hand railing specifications
- swimming pool exterior privacy shutters from neighers
- how to floor wooden garden bench
- bench for wooding deck plans
- 2018 wood plastic composites america market
- interior ship decking flooring new zealand